Thursday, March 1, 2018

February Portfolio Update

Since tracking my net worth since May of '17, this is my first month where my total net worth (which I do not track on this blog) went down.  I decided this would be a good time to start posting my progress per month so I can look back on it.  Why not start with a down month?  Next month will be better, right?  Right?

Annually, I am currently making:

Dividends Received
February is one of the higher yielding months.
Ticker          Divs
T 34.50
GIS 6.86
MA 4.00
APD 12.35
ABT 4.76
HRL 7.69
MAIN 2.85
NNN 14.25
PG 6.90
O 7.67
FAST 5.55
Total 107.38

February purchases:
XEL - 19
MAIN - 20
NNN - 13
O - 10
PG - 7
GIS - 11

I made a decision to move or get off the fence on General Mills (GIS) after their expensive purchase of Blue Buffalo.  The yield is good, however the growth is slow, debt is high, and possibly the dividend will be frozen until 2020.  However, it is a staple.  I don't expect much growth from staples in a healthy economy, so I decided to stick with them for now, adding to my position.

I have a lot of deals in my own portfolio, while keeping one eye on my watchlist short list, particularly WMT, which is still a tad too expensive.  I feel like I should obtain deals in my own portfolio before adding to a new position, i.e. buy some more O.  Now that tax reform has passed, I don't know if we will continue to see as much of an upward trend, despite it is Q2 when the tax law makes its impact known.  I am preparing for choppy waters by being more conservative and averaging down my portfolio in preparation for tax harvesting, which will begin after May for me.  However, if WMT hits the low 80s....

My other indicators will be at the other links, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment