Friday, March 30, 2018

March Portfolio Update: A lot of Lion, a Little Lamb

My total net worth actually is $400 less than last month, which includes money added and gains on the last day.  For the most part, my portfolio outperformed the DJIA, but I haven't figured out how to graph that yet with my brokerage.  April will be a big month for purchases, so I'm hoping things stay low key (or drop) for a few more weeks...

Annual Income:













Dividends Received:  March is another high yielding month
Symbol Amount
HD 12.36
O 9.86
ORI 8.97
MCD 13.13
MAIN 6.65
CMP 7.92
JNJ 12.6
ADM 5.03
TGT 8.68
CVX 14.56
SO 14.5
WEC 7.18
WTR 2.87
Total               124.31

March Purchases:
QCOM - 29
GIS - 25
KMB - 10

I just bought KMB on Tuesday, right before it started heading back up to where I originally bought it a few months ago.  I doubled down on GIS after short-selling PM (I'm off cigarettes!).  I was in with Kroger for a day, then went with QCOM ("the biggest drama queen on Wall St.").  Target and Kroger seem to be getting along together quite well lately, so we will see if I don't end up having a part of Kroger anyway.  

YD was right, the first annual $1k is difficult, and i even had a head start with the 20k initial.  I'm hoping to see $2k quite soon.  I'm also looking forward to a few more dividend increases in April.  April is historically the best month in the market, but we will see if it keeps the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment