Monday, March 5, 2018

Great Article on "The Highest Quality Dividend Growth Stocks"

I came across an article here, which may or may not be available depending on when you read this.  Basically, the author used a set of standards to rate all of the stocks on David Fish's CCC list.  He used these stringent criteria:


He did not record any stocks that scored lower than 4 in each category.  That being said, let's see how mine turned out!

The 20 Point Crew:  These stocks are the golden standard.  Only 11 made the cut, of these I own:
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Proctor & Gamble (PG)
also, the ones on my shortlist watchlist were
WalMart (WMT)
Merck (MRK)

The 19 Point Crew: A bigger list overall, but of mine...
Chevron (CVX)
Home Depot (HD)
MasterCard (MA)
shortlist watchlist:
Exxon (XOM)

The 18 Point Crew:
Fastenal (FAST) - I found this gem from personal research, so good on me!
Kimberley Clark (KMB)
No watchlisters...

and....
The 17 Point Crew:
WEC Energy (WEC)
Xcel Energy (XEL)
Again, no watchlisters.

The 16 pointers had QCOM on it, which is on my watchlist, but nothing else.

Now,
Stocks on these lists yielding high that I might want to look into:
Pfizer, IBM, AEP & Pinnacle West.  I decided to replace Smuckers (didn't make the cut) with Pinnacle West.  I have enough staples in my portfolio, and shortlist that I think this one would be fine.  Although I am a bit utility heavy as well.  We will see what happens during my tax harvest season.

Note:  These are Dividend Growth Stocks, not Growth stocks.  Hence I don't buy them all.  I need a little growth mixed in (ABT, MA, TGT, FAST).



No comments:

Post a Comment