Thursday, July 2, 2020

Stunted Growth

My net worth grew quite slow this past month, although the highest it has ever been.  I expect this slow pattern to continue until the Q2 earnings are announced (which will be in a few weeks).  I am writing and compiling this data as of July 1st - and the jobs number just came out, and it was very good.  I would like to say we are back to normal economically, but the election is on the horizon, and I fear that the establishment is making inroads in making sure the outsider is not re-elected (yeah, I'm talking to you, Soros).  While the blue outcome could be a bit devastating to the growth of my net worth, as long as regulations aren't reintroduced, it will give me some time to get more deals.

I hit a milestone of $7k a year taxable income, $583 a month.  Not too bad, but I really need to step it up if I want to retire in 5 years.  Whatever I get to, I can figure about x4 that when I retire after moving my 401k over to an IRA I can control for dividends.  That would put me at 28k a year right now, which is not bad.  However, as I am growing my brokerage faster than my 401k (minimal matching contributions and Fidelity's silly restrictions and ETFs), that factor may dwindle.

As far as the riots, I did note them in my "dividend history" as I always do each month on something of significance that may or may not impact the market.  I also noted the 2nd wave.  I think the riots are mostly noise as far as the market is concerned, those people still need to buy goods and services, or at least their handlers do.  The 2nd wave is the troublesome note.  On a good note, Realty Income collected more rent money in June than they did in May, so O is ok!

Dividend Increases & Special Payouts
Realty Income (NYSE:O) declares $0.2335/share monthly dividend0.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.2330.

Target (NYSE:TGT) declares $0.68/share quarterly dividend3% increase from prior dividend of $0.66.

W. P. Carey (NYSE:WPC) declares $1.042/share quarterly dividend0.2% increase from prior dividend of $1.040.

June Purchases:
ABT  3
3
IP  6
WPC  18
7
ORI  10
SO  6
WSO  4
ADM  4
GIS  3


No comments:

Post a Comment