Saturday, December 23, 2017

Breaking News!

Old Republic International (ORI) is giving away a bonus $1 dividend per share if you buy in by Jan. 10th.  This is a stock that I had just bought because I had $300 left over from my initial $20k position purchases because it was an aristocrat (barely) and was considered in the financial sector.  They offer 3.6% yield as of this writing, which amounts to $0.76 a year - so this bonus is more than the actual dividends received if you buy in now.  You can also consider that (excluding broker fees) that "Buy 21 shares, get 1 share free" since at $1 per share at the current share price of $21.  It hasn't motivated much buying since the announcement, which is ok with me, as my next amount for purchasing won't be available until the end of the month.  I guess a good reason to get a decent position on this stock.  They raised their dividend last in March of '17, so I think we can expect a nice increase in '18.

Merry Christmas!  Ok, I'll go update my other pages for real now.

No comments:

Post a Comment