Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Almost there!

Recent Buys:
15 more shares of AT&T
15 shares of ADM

Recent Dividend Increases:
Abbot Labs (ABT)
Mastercard (MA)
WEC Energy Group (WEC)
Realty Income (O)

Things are chugging along nicely.  The Dividend increases were a nice Christmas gift, along with almost all of December's dividends showing up in my account at the same time (allowed more purchases of ADM).  I am now overweight on AT&T and will have to stop a bit on adding more - besides, it is now above water!  As Hannibal Smith said, "I love it when a plan comes together."  ADM was a recent addition/replacement to my watchlist after eliminating Altria and putting Philip Morris on the hit list.  ADM (Archer-Daniels Midland) is an agricultural middleman that specializes in corn and soybean.  It tends to be volatile, being so close to the farm futures, and is on the decline.  It may decline again due to ethanol de-regulations, but it is a solid dividend payer, and an aristocrat (42 years of payouts).  It was also near its 52 week low, which is a bargain in this market.  I actually had two possibilities for my second purchase this month, O & ADM.  O took off at the last minute, and actually was above water, but ADM was the better buy at the time, and helped my get my staples ahead of the rest again.


Now sitting at about $985 a year, my last purchase for the year should vault me over the $1k mark.  What that purchase will be is hard to tell.  With the tax bill set to pass the House today (passed Senate last night), effects on the market will determine which is the best bargain.  My son, Little Dividend, has received Armanino Foods (AMNF) from his grandparents and The AES Group (AES) from me.  A little consumer staple and utility to add to his growing portfolio.  He now makes $22 a year with those additions.  His stocks tend to be a tad more speculative because his old man is taking care of him.

Have a Merry Christmas all, and a Happy New Year if I don't post until after that time.  I'll update my charts at market close Friday, so check back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment