Wednesday, May 1, 2019

QCOM and Benchmarks

Qualcomm is now my largest holding, thanks to Apple and QCOM making nice.  Apple tried to use Intel as leverage against Qualcomm, however, QCOM in the end makes the superior product, and Apple needs to use QCOM chips for 5G.  In the end, Apple wins, QCOM wins, Intel loses.  I only see QCOM going up from here, so I probably won't be adding to my position for some time.  The tech sector is so volatile, though, so I may find some dips here and there.  It is nice to have a 56% gain on a stock in a month, but I have no doubts that it could drop just as fast.

My biggest regret this month was ADM.  Archer Daniels reported earnings and dropped 5%.  I had no more cash on hand due to limited funds this month thanks to the move.  A week later it is up 7%.  Missed opportunity!  I did find a few other good purchases though.  All in all, it has been quite a profitable Q1, which is unusual.  The market is getting dangerously close to the Euphoria level, so I am bracing for impact.

A positive benchmark was hit this week with my net worth, and also with my stock profits.  My profits hit the 20% profit mark, which it couldn't maintain May 1 at the open, but it was nice to see it turn gold for one night on my spreadsheet.  I should be hitting the 4k benchmark soon for annual income.  It may seem like not a lot after 2 years of work, but it should start to grow faster and faster as dividends increase and as I continue to add more.  Also, it is nice to know that whatever happens, I'll be getting a 4k bonus year after year.  My charts also show that by October I should be close to 5k a year.  The snowball is starting to gain some traction.

April Dividends Received: $108.83 (the low paying month)
WSO      $30.40
XEL      $17.42
    $10.17
MAIN      $22.00
KMB      $28.84
April Purchases:
TGT  4
ORI  3
5
ABBV  2
IP  4
WTR  3
CVX  1

No comments:

Post a Comment