Sunday, January 3, 2021

HEY ABBOTT!! Merry Christmas! Busy month for the portfolio!

LOTS OF STUFF HAPPENING!  WOW, just got my highest dividend raise ever this month!  Abbott Labs raised their dividend a WHOPPING 25%  I can't imagine getting a raise like that at my current job!  While I don't own as much Abbott as I would like (it is very expensive), I'll take it nonetheless!  I can only assume this will continue next year, since what Abbott makes everyone wants right now.  If they can also make a covid home test, this would really boost profits. 

Old Republic (ORI) also announced a special $1 per share special dividend for the third year in a row!  While I don't consider this a part of the dependable income, I do know they did it after Trump removed several regulations which benefitted ORI greatly.  It would be great if they can keep it going, since it is greater than their dividend normally.  My son was thrilled since he bought it a week before they announced it.  You can see below I did some heavy buying this month, not of ORI, but I do intend to do a large purchase of it soon, hopefully before the cutoff for the special dividend.   

While 2020 was a bad year for some, it presented unprecedented financial opportunities for all who could take advantage of them.  I truly feel blessed to continue receiving income which I can then redirect to my retirement.  I am grateful for my secure, well paying job, and the opportunity to keep bringing home the bacon and putting bread on the table, while also setting up my retirement income.  The stock market ended on a very high note, and I do expect some correction soon, but as with anything, nobody knows for sure when.  Especially with all the young money entering the market.  All you can do is tell when it is "close".  Euphoria is the key to look out for, and that is what I am starting to see.  I posted this once before, but it bears reposting to remind me to wait for the Euphoria cycle to end before buying much.

I would also like to comment on Warner Bros. decision to stream since I am an AT&T stockholder (who owns Time/Warner).  I am all for it, and I know this is not a popular decision with Hollywood and the movie theaters.  However, I think it can be profitable for AT&T and Disney should they decided to do it.  There is much money wasted on the way to the theater, and apparently eats up a good chunk of the cost to make a movie.  I personally would prefer to make my superior garlic parmesan popcorn, pause it when I like (bio breaks), and customize my own sound system all while laying on a comfortable couch with no fear of disease, sticky floors, or other people talking.  I understand the key to jobs is layers, but from a user standpoint, it is more economical and fun.  Again, my opinion.  While I am not a fan of the DC universe, I hope Wonder Woman does well.  I do look forward to the new Dune movies, and will probably pay for HBOMAX (owned by AT&T) when Dune comes out.  I did some heavy buying of AT&T (T) because this is a visionary and bold move, and that is what makes money.  Now if they could only shut down CNN...


Dividend Increases & Special Payouts

 December Purchases:



No comments:

Post a Comment