Saturday, October 31, 2020

A Scary Earnings Month...

 Some good news, but mostly bad :)  The main thing was my net worth went from a record high, to lower than last month.  It dropped a LOT.  There was some good news though:

OKE and CVX did NOT cut their dividends.  This is huge, this tells investors such as myself that these big boys consider 2020 to be a blip, and they will continue next year business as usual.  That doesn't mean the dividend won't be frozen, but there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

ABBV increased their dividend by 10%  This is a
big deal for me, because I did not do much investing this month.  I paid down some debt, and the way my paychecks were timed this month, I didn't get too much cash in the brokerage account.  This will change next month, however.  In summary, my monthly income went up more than expected thanks to ABBV.

This has been a fascinating month to watch the market.  China related stocks went up on the news Biden is winning in the polls, then everything took a dive on the 30th.  I'm guessing the big money is removing their cash in preparation for any election fallout.  Whomever gets elected, there will be a drop in certain stocks, while others will gain, but different for each candidate.  Either way I will try to maneuver through it.  I feel more confident in a Trump economy (I will miss those buying opportunity tweets), but there will always be different opportunities.  Of course, energy giants like CVX and OKE might be hurt again by a Biden presidency.  

Dividend Increases & Special Payouts

McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) declares $1.29/share quarterly dividend3% increase from prior dividend of $1.25. (That's a relief!)

AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) declares $1.30/share quarterly dividend10.2% increase from prior dividend of $1.18.  (Still a good yield to buy today)

October Purchases:

WPC - 6 (that's all, folks)

No comments:

Post a Comment